Wednesday, March 27, 2013

State Use of the Criminal Justice System to Persecute Based on My Political Beliefs Accusations of Inciting a Riot

On November 13th 2011, illegally disperse a peaceful assembly by intimidating and forcefully closed Civic Center Park. The Denver police department along with Colorado state patrol placed 40 plus officers in both Civic Center Park and Lincoln Park. The Denver Police Department began by forcefully removing a table which had displayed political pamphlets.


During the assembly law enforcement as it had for the past month, parked patrol vehicles in the middle of Civic Center Park where people would typically gather and express their political opinion, in order to intimidate us from peacefully assembling or exercising our political opinion. As I was walking through the park a law enforcement vehicle, which was in the park for the singular purpose of harassing and intimidating the people assembled, attempted to force me off the sidewalk dividing the park. I stood my ground on the sidewalk and soon a group gathered. Other law enforcement officers quickly came to force me off the sidewalk. I did not move and as you can clearly hear at 6 min 26 second of the video me asking, “What law am I breaking standing in the park?” I was then shoved out of the way by an officer. I hopped up and continued my walk in the park, at which point I was arrested by law enforcement. The state was only in Civic Center Park to terrorize people and prevent them from exercising their human rights and I was not going to be intimidated. I was immediately handcuffed and moved to a patrol car, during this time you can hear me yell “what law am I breaking walking in the park?”


The reason for my arrest would soon be fabricated entirely by law enforcement. I was jailed a short distance away at the district 6 Substation, where I was further assaulted when I was removed from the patrol car and the officer slammed me, still handcuffed, in to the buildings outer wall. In the jail, officers repeatedly threatened me. Eventually, a law enforcement officer entered my cell, charged me with inciting a riot and attempted to coerce and interrogate me.

The allegation of inciting a riot comes from the end of the video where Sara Garcia is violently assaulted by law enforcement. Assault of the young and females is a common law enforcement tactic used in order to incite violence which allows law enforcement to charge graver criminal code violations against people. The state claims my act of peaceful assembly and peaceful expression of my political opinion caused a 3 person riot. As Sara Garcia, Brandon Sexton and myself were the only three arrested and respectively charged with the crimes of participating in, participating in, and inciting a riot, respectively.

This is another blatant attempt by the state to criminalize the peaceful assembly in Civic Center Park. I was not arrested in the park for any crime. I was simply taking part in a peaceful political assembly and discussing my political opinion and legally walking through the park. At no point did I break any law. Law enforcement then violated people’s human rights and illegally disperse people peaceful assembled in Civic Center Park. Then law enforcement violently attacked Sara Garcia and Brandon Sexton to cover up this violent repression of human rights and needing something to justify my kidnapping the state charged me with inciting a riot. Charging me with a crime regarding my speech not only help mask the human rights violations the state committed, but allowes the state to use this ambiguous law to criminalize all of my past and future speech. This charge can also be used as a justification for repression, by the state, in future cases when I decide to express my political opinion. As I again was assaulted, arrested, jailed for simply exercising my human rights. As such and fearing for my life and liberty I am unwilling and unable to avail myself of the protection of the governments of the United States of America.

No comments:

Post a Comment