Wednesday, March 27, 2013

False Imprisionment Based on Cannabis Laws

On March 30th 2012 Aleene Ortez-White a member of the state acting as judge in case #11GS910853 sentenced me to jail for a failure to appear in her court room on a charge of possession of less than 1 oz of marijuana. The problem with this is that I was engaged in a legal act of possession marijuana. The voters of Colorado approved an amendment to allow for the possession of cannabis in order to treat debilitating medical conditions.

(4)(a) A patient may engage in the medical use of marijuana, with no more marijuana than is medically necessary to address a debilitating medical condition. A patent's medical use of marijuana, within the following limits, is lawful:
(I) No more than two ounces of a usable form of marijuana; and
(II) No more than six marijuana plants, with three or fewer being mature, flowering plants that are producing a usable form of marijuana.

As the State, Aleene Ortiz-White, and the prosecution all had my doctor’s recommendation and I even read the constitution in the court room, it was clear that I was abiding by the law. Yet I was still arrested. I spent 10 days in jail until when I was in front of the court again I was informed that if I did not plead guilty to the petty theft charges that Julie Postlethwait and the MMED filed against me I will be thrown back in jail for legally possessing less than 1 oz of cannabis. All court documentation of these events can be provided by the city and county of Denver.

As this section clearly shows I have been routinely persecuted by the state of Colorado for simply exercising my political opinion and human rights. Because of the constant loss of liberty I have already faced at the hands of the governments of the United States of America I am unwilling and unable to avail myself of the protection of the governments of the Unites States of America.

No comments:

Post a Comment