Wednesday, March 27, 2013

My Political Beliefs Expressed at the Boulder Public Library and State Perscution Thereof

On July 29, 2011 I showed up early to a public assembly in the Boulder Public Library. This assembly discussed a proposed constitutional amendment which would regulate marijuana for the more efficient use of law enforcement resources. I arrived well before the meeting which at that point was only attended by the proponent, myself and one other gentleman.

Immediately upon entering the room one of the proponents Emmitt Reistroffer, the state wide petition coordinator, left to get security because he knew my political opinion differed from the proposed amendment.

The next person to arrive to the room before the meeting started was Kathleen Chippi who began recording the interaction. The recording picks up shortly after Emmitt returns with security.

Immediately you can hear proponent Emmitt Reistroffer say, “we started this for our supporters and you are not part of it.”

To which I replied, “you sent an email saying I could come.”

The private law enforcement officer Lorin Phillips say,  “They want their supporters here and you’re not a part of it.”

I then say, “it’s a session on the petition of an amendment to the constitution of Colorado, I am not doing anything disruptive I am having a conversation with this gentleman.”

Again the only man with a gun in the library, Lorin Phillips says, “from what I understand it’s a closed session.”

Kathleen Chippi being misled as much as I was said, “Wo, wo, wo, wait, wait closed session? I came as a general public.”

I then said, “this is a public library this is a public session.”

At the 31 second mark you can hear Emmit Reistroffer, head of the state wide petition and voter fraud, say, “we invited folks to come who wanted to support our initiative, we did not invite folks who came to destroy it.”

To which I said, “I want to ask questions about it.”

Emmitt then went on to say, “because we have had some past situations with that individual; he’s public on record being against this challenging it in court, so I know he has no interest in listening to about what we have to talk about today which is making this thing pass not how to make it lose, so and that’s bottom-line."

Around the 1min 3 mark you can again hear minor mercenary Lorin Phillips again say, “It’s a closed session.”

After company man Lorin Phillips left, the people in the room resumed our previous political discourse.

At the 6min 50second mark again I am told because of my political opinion I cannot take part in this public political discussion.

Reistroffer:¨I didn't want to kick anybody out tonight, yourself included.¨

Me: ¨Oh, the police are gonna kick me out.¨

Reistroffer: ¨...but I have to.¨
[Garbled conversation]

Me: ¨I'm not going to leave.¨

Reistroffer: ¨You know and I know you that you are 100 percent opposed to this.¨

Kathleen Chippi: ¨You guys know each other?¨

Reistroffer: ¨I know of from him…I’ve seen him protesting.¨

Me: ¨I’m not protesting I am engaging in discourse with this gentleman.¨

Chippi: ¨Protesting prohibition you mean?¨

Reistroffer: I believe you are against prohibition correct?¨¨

Me: "Of Course." I said, as I am 100% against the War on Drugs.

Reistroffer: “We want you guys on our side you know.”

The 14 min mark marks the point where, in this instance, the state persecutes based on my political opinion. Up to the 14min 35sec mark police get me to step out in the hall.

At the 14min 35 sec mark you can clearly hear me question the officer.

Me: ¨For what reason am I being pulled out of the public library?¨

Officer: ¨It’s a private meeting. The Library staff has instructed us this is a private closed door meeting.¨

Me: ¨This is a public library…can I have your card sir.¨

Officer: ¨Absolutely when we’re done talking, you bet.¨

Me: ¨Because when we are done I am going right back in.¨

Officer: ¨No you’re not.¨

Me: ¨Yes I am.

Officer: ¨Can we tress pass him from here? Ok…I’m going to ask you to leave the library premises right now I’m going to give you one warning if you don’t leave I am going to arrest you walk you out front and charge you with trespassing.¨

I asked Kathleen Chippi to take my backpack. Then told the officer,

“No.”

At the 15 min 18 second mark, as the hand cuffs click on, you can hear Emmitt Ristroffer welcome everyone to the meeting saying,"We are making history.” In a tone that would make a guano rummager weep.

You sure are Emmitt, you sure are.

Finally around the 17min 22sec mark, rent-a-security Lorin Philips says I am being ejected from the library for misbehavior and creating a disturbance.

At the 20 min mark you can see the public political discussion taking place in the Boulder Public Library continued unabated



I was in a public library in a public room taking part in a political discussion and because my political opinion I was arrested and jailed by the state. As this was clearly a violation of my human rights law enforcement lied attempted to say I was trespassing as the meeting was private.

"Jennifer Bray, Boulder Library spokeswoman, confirmed that the meeting room has to remain open to the public, even when reserved for meetings."

Then private law enforcement finally said I was being evicted for misbehavior and creating a disturbance, which I was never charged with. I was charged with Trespassing. Emmitt Reistoffer even admits he had me kicked out because my opinion was counter to the initiative and not for any other reason,

"Donahue told him that he was there to learn more and that might consider joining the campaign. But he believes this claim was a ploy to sideline the intent of the meeting, especially given Donahue's frequent public pronouncements against the Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol Act."

Then on my way to the jail as I was in handcuffs I called the state law enforcement officer a, “no talent ass clown. Which earned me a reprimand, I retorted with “then you a fucking no talent ass clown.” Which I was subsequently charged with use of fighting words.

Before the meeting even started I was arrested charged with two crimes and jailed. I took this charge to trial. I even submitted documents calling for the charges to be dropped on constitutional (human) rights grounds. The stated denied this petition as well as threatened me to plead guilty to different charges I was never accused of in order to save the money of having to try me. As I entered the court house on the day of my trial I was handcuffed in the front lobby by law enforcement and made to sit and wait until my lawyers arrived, thus prejudicing possible members of my jury.

During the trial both private security and Boulder law enforcement stated that because the meeting was closed, which it was not, I was causing a disturbance just by being there and expressing my political opinion I was trespassing. Emmitt during the trial also admitted again during the trial that only reason he got security what because he knows I am counter to the initiative.

Kathleen Chippi testified on my behalf verifying the authenticity of the tape. She stated clearly I was never causing a disturbance and I was arrested because of my political opinion was known, as Emmitt Reistoffer stated many times in the recording. Kathleen went on to explain that she too was against the proposed initiative but was not kicked out because these Emmitt Ristroffer and these particular state/private officers were unaware of her political opinion.

I was convicted of both trespassing and use of fighting words, thus implicating the entire Boulder County criminal justice system in the denial of my human rights to peacefully assemble and express my political opinion. All court documents can and should be furnished by the City and County of Boulder or my lawyer Adam Platt. As such and fearing for my life and liberty I am unwilling and unable to avail my self of the protection of the Governments of the United States of America. 

No comments:

Post a Comment